Access to and use of this site (www.rbs.org.uk) is provided by the Royal British Society of Sculptors (rbs) subject to the following terms:
1. By using the rbs site you agree to be legally bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of the rbs site. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all the following terms please do not access and/or use the rbs site.
2. The rbs may change these terms at any time by posting changes online. Please review these terms regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes made by the rbs. Your continued use of the rbs site after changes are posted means you agree to be legally bound by these terms as updated and/or amended.
3. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use the rbs site content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any of the rbs site content except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of the rbs site content requires the prior written permission of the rbs.
4. You agree to use the rbs site only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else's use and enjoyment of the rbs site. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within the rbs site.
5. The rbs site content, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons is provided "AS IS" and on an "IS AVAILABLE" basis without any representations or any kind of warranty made (whether express or implied by law) to the extent permitted by law, including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
6.Under no circumstances will the rbs be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such losses where foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of the rbs site regardless of the form of action.
7. The rbs does not warrant that functions contained in the rbs site content will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that the rbs site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs.
8. Where you are invited to submit any contribution to the rbs site (including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio) you agree, by submitting your contribution, to grant the rbs a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, distribute, perform, play, make available to the public with respect to your contribution worldwide. If you do not want to grant to the rbs the rights set out above, please do not submit your contribution to the rbs site.
9. Further to paragraph 8, by submitting your contribution to the rbs site, you:
9.1 warrant that your contribution;
9.1.1 is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available to a-n for all the purposes specified above;
9.1.2 is not defamatory; and
9.1.3 does not infringe any law; and
9.2 indemnify the rbs against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by the rbs site as a result of your breach of the above warranty.
If you fail to abide by these terms you will be sent an e-mail which informs you why your contribution has been removed or edited. This mail will also include a warning that continuing to break the rules may result in action being taken against your account or accounts.
If you post or send offensive or inappropriate content to the rbs site, engage in any disruptive behaviour on the rbs site, and the rbs considers such behaviour to be serious and/or repeated, the rbs may use whatever information that is available to it about you to stop any further such infringements. This may include informing relevant your email provider about the infringement/s.
The rbs reserves the right to delete any contribution, or take action against any account, at any time, for any reason.
10. If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
11. These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
The Royal British Society of Sculptors
108 Old Brompton Road
+44 (0)207 373 8615
The Royal British Society of Sculptors
Company registered in Englandno. 83239
Registered Charity number: 212513
Registered address: 108 Old Brompton Road, LondonSW7 3RA, UK
VAT: 778 4711 85
First published: April 2011